Here are 31 scary Halloween recipes to conjure up this Fall! A daily spook-tacular idea for cooking up some seriously startling foods is your treat this October! Halloween is a great time to get really creative with food! Whether you’re making ghoulishly good snacks or decadent desserts, as long as your creations resemble monsters, pumpkins or ghosts, they’ll be a hit! Get ready to impress your family and friends on the most frightening night of the year!
For more inspiration, click here to enter for a chance to win a set of creepy cookbooks! Enter daily if you dare!
Click here for recipe: BLOODY SEVERED FINGER HOT DOGS
hot dog buns
1. Start a large pot of water boiling on the stove.
2. To make the fingernails and knuckles, slice the two sides of the fingernail, then straight across the top. Then make a slight curved slice for the bottom nail bed. Next, take your knife and carefully slice the tiny piece off. See the photo in the blog post for sizing to see how big you want to make your nail.
3. Next, to make the knuckles, make one slit along the middle with two crescent slits directly above and below. Then halfway between the knuckle and the nail, make two crescent slits. Repeat at the bottom.
4. Boil the hot dogs for 4-5 minutes.
5. Place each "finger" into a hot dog bun loaded with ketchup - be sure to smear some ketchup on the bottom of each "severed finger" and more at the top of the bun.