You are here
Homer Township Library has established a Homer Helps Micro Pantry at the front of the library (14320 W 151st, Homer Glen, IL 60491.) The Homer Helps Micro Pantry is a free little food pantry with non-perishable, unexpired food items, and personal care items. Everyone is encouraged to “take what they need, leave what they can.” Library staff oversee the pantry and filled the pantry with its first donations of food and toiletries.
The free little micro pantry operates similarly to the Free Little Libraries. Find out more about the Homer Township Library’s Free Little Libraries here.
What can you donate?
- Canned goods such as canned fruit, vegetables, proteins, etc.
- Dry foods such as pasta, cereal, protein bars, oatmeal, spices, etc.
- Baby food, diapers, and wipes
- Personal care items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, menstrual products, etc.
- Household items such as sponges, household cleaners, dish soap, laundry detergent, etc.
- Pet food and supplies
- Gift cards (Please leave gift cards with library staff. Gift cards will be used to purchase goods and maintain the pantry when items are low.)
Please do not donate the following:
- Perishables such as milk, eggs, fresh/frozen meat, etc.
- Sharp items such as razors that are not in sealed packaging
- Previously worn clothing
- Illegal items
Read more about the Homer Helps Micro Pantry here.
The Homer Helps Micro Pantry was built partially with funding from Homer Township Oak Arbor and Old Plank Bank. We thank our generous sponsors and the community for their support and pantry donations.