Due to the IL State Mandate, face masks are mandatory for entry to Homer Library regardless of vaccination status.
- Homer Helps MICRO PANTRY click here.
You are here
Explore More Illinois
Explore More Illinois is a free service provided by your library that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums, science centers, sporting events, zoos, park districts, theatres, and other fun and local cultural venues.
- Log in with your library card credentials and browse for passes by date or attractions. If you do not know your PIN or password, or if you have problems logging into Explore More Illinois, please contact the library.
- Make your reservation and print or download your pass shortly before your visit.
- You can have three active reservations per library card. Please cancel your reservation(s) if unable to attend, otherwise the reservation will count as being used.
Remember that once you print or download your pass you cannot cancel your reservation. Some attractions are on hiatus due to pandemic. Check back often for updates.
Museum Pass: The Adventure begins at your Illinois library!
Use the smartest card - your library card - to receive admission or a special discount at participating Chicago area cultural destinations! Learn more below! Here’s how you can check out a Museum Adventure Pass at your Library:
- Visit the Homer Township Library for current pass availability. Library staff will be able to check on what is available and also check out the passes.
- The Library has a limited number of passes for each participating organization, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per family, per loan period. The loan period is SEVEN DAYS, and will expire after the date printed on the pass.
- Admission offers vary per museum. For some, two or four people may be admitted free per pass, or by carload. If admission is free, another special discount will be offered.
- Passes MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED, are non-transferrable, must be used by the patron checking out the pass, and may only be used once. Patrons may be asked for photo identification and library card to gain admission to the participating museum. Abuse of pass use may result in the patron's suspension from the program.
- Check the list of participating museums for details on each cultural destination. Find out what discoveries await you, get directions to the museum, and review each museum’s pass entry offer, including any restrictions that may apply.
NEW! Museum Passes can be requested from home. Passes are not automatically generated. A request places you in a queue and does not guarantee you will receive a pass. Passes are not able to be issued outside of regular library hours, as staff must verify and approve each request. If your request is approved, you will receive an email with the pass. If we are unable to approve your request due to your place in the queue, you will receive an email informing you that no pass was generated. The website will let you know what the next available date is to request a pass. Priority goes to walk-in requests.