Bookmobile & Outreach
Since 2005, the bookmobile has traveled across the 36-mile Library District providing materials and programming to neighborhoods, senior villages, schools and day care facilities. With over 5,000 items, we bring the library to you!
Note: Stops may be canceled due to inclement weather. If this happens, holds will be brought back to the library and placed on the pickup shelf. Notice of canceled stops will be posted to the library's website.
VIP Home Delivery Service
Homer Township Public Library offers books and more brought to your door. If you or someone you know would like books, magazines, music, movies or other library materials but cannot get to the library, even on a temporary basis, you may arrange for VIP Home Delivery Service. This free service is for anyone who is ill, injured, caring for someone, or confined to their home. Please fill out the online request form.
All items on the Bookmobile will be checked-out for two-weeks. Items may be renewed, unless they are on hold. Items can always be renewed on the bookmobile, at the main library, by phone 708.301.7908, or through our online catalog.
Overdue notices will be sent for late materials. While we do not charge fines due for any library materials, there will be charges for lost items. Books not returned after an overdue notice is sent will be billed to you along with a processing fee, and your borrowing privileges will be stopped until your record is cleared, either by returning the items or paying for them.
If you have a valid library card already then it's good on the bookmobile. Or with proof of residency, such as a driver's license, you can get a new library card on the bus. You will need a library card to check out materials and will be responsible for all materials on your card. Library cards from area libraries are also welcome.
Yes! Any items can be checked out or returned at both the main building or on the bus.
Outreach Department staff promote library services:
- Free library cards (issued on the Bookmobile or at the Library)
- 2-week loans including popular fiction
- Adult and children's books of all genres and formats
- Spanish and Polish language materials available upon request
- Audiobooks / Read-alongs and Wonderbooks
- Music CDs / DVD’s
- Phone requests (need to be placed 48 hours in advance of your stop)
- VIP Home Delivery Service to those who cannot visit the library for various reasons
- Specially scheduled school stops to area schools during the school year
- Reader's advisory / Interlibrary loans from anywhere in the U.S.
- Community programming and participation in local events, parades, festivities, etc.
- Special "deposit collections" for approved facilities and residential communities
- Story times at selected times and locations