Museum & Attraction Passes
Provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums and cultural venues. New attractions are often being added, so check back for updates!
- Log in with your library card and PIN to browse for passes. Your default PIN is the last 4 digits of your library card number.
- Make your reservation and print or download your pass shortly before your visit.
- You can have three active reservations per library card.
Use your library card to receive admission or special discounts at participating Chicago area cultural destinations with a Museum Adventure Pass!
- The library has a limited number of passes. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One pass may be checked out per family, per seven day loan period.
- Passes may not be duplicated, are non-transferrable, must be used by the patron checking out the pass, and may only be used once. You may be asked for photo ID and library card to gain admission to the participating museum.
- To request a pass, visit the library or request it online. Priority goes to walk-in requests.
Online Museum Pass Requests
An online pass request places you in a queue and does not guarantee a pass. Passes are approved during library hours. If your request is approved, you will receive an email with the pass. If we are unable to issue a pass, you will be notified by email.
Featured Museums & Attractions
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum redefines the possible in presidential complexes. The museum’s exhibit space is considerably larger than exhibit space in any other presidential center. But what really sets our museum apart is the scope, creativity, and visitor engagement of its displays.
Brookfield Zoo is a 235-acre zoological park, featuring more than 2,400 animals belonging to over 400 species
With gardens, a museum, dining options, picnic areas, hiking trails, educational opportunities and more, Cantigny Park offers something for everyone.
Chicago Botanic Garden
The Chicago Botanic Garden opened 50 years ago as a beautiful place to visit, and it has matured into one of the world's great living museums and conservation science centers. Every year, more than one million people visit the Garden's 28 gardens and four natural areas, uniquely situated on 385 acres on and around nine islands, with six miles of lake shoreline. The Garden also has a renowned Bonsai Collection.
Dinosaur Discovery Museum
The Dinosaur Discovery Museum in Kenosha, Wisconsin, is the only museum to focus on the link between meat-eating dinosaurs and birds, one of the most complete known fossil records.
Ernest Hemingway's Birthplace Museum
Ernest Hemingway's Birthplace Museum is nestled just west of downtown Chicago in Oak Park, Illinois. This is the ideal place to begin exploring the roots of the author's life and work.
The Exploration Station
The Exploration Station…a children’s museum is a hands-on exploration and discovery museum for children and their families, teachers and other caregivers.