Our library has established a Homer Helps Micro Pantry outside of the library, to the left of the entrance, accessible to the public 24/7. The Micro Pantry is a little free food pantry with non-perishable, unexpired food items, and personal care items. Everyone is encouraged to “take what they need, leave what they can.”
Read more about the Homer Helps Micro Pantry
The Homer Helps Micro Pantry was built partially with funding from Homer Township Oak Arbor and Old Plank Trail Community Bank. We thank our generous sponsors and the community for their support and pantry donations.
What Can You Donate?
- Canned goods such as canned fruit, vegetables, proteins, etc.
- Dry foods such as pasta, cereal, protein bars, oatmeal, spices, etc.
- Baby food, diapers, and wipes
- Personal care items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, menstrual products, etc.
- Household items such as sponges, household cleaners, dish soap, laundry detergent, etc.
- Pet food and supplies
- Gift cards (Please leave gift cards with library staff. Gift cards will be used to purchase goods and maintain the pantry when items are low.)
Please do not Donate:
- Perishables such as milk, eggs, fresh/frozen meat, etc.
- Sharp items such as razors that are not in sealed packaging
- Previously worn clothing
- Illegal items